Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is eligible for care at Misericordia?
- Anyone who has physical limitations that require 24 hour nursing care to assist with activities of daily living such as dressing, toileting, bathing, eating may apply for admission at Misericordia.
- Anyone who has a need for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and/or speech therapy is eligible for care at Misericordia.
- Do I need to be a Roman Catholic to be admitted as a resident at Misericordia?
- No, Misericordia accepts residents regardless of their religious preferences and addresses each individual’s physical, emotional and psychosocial needs.
- What type of resident rooms does Misericordia have?
- All of our rooms are either private (1 bed per room) or semi-private (2 beds per room).
- We have a total of 50 beds: 14 private beds and 36 semi-private beds.
- Will my insurance cover it?
- We participate in the Medicare Program.
- Please contact us to confirm eligibility of coverage.
- Do you submit the bills to my insurance company?
- Yes, our Business Office staff will submit your bills.
- How soon can I move in?
- If we have a space available, it can happen as early as the same day that you contact us.
- I’m interested in Misericordia for myself or a family member. What should I do next?
- Contact Sister Damian – Director of Admissions or Marion Bittner, Administrator at 717-755-1964.
- Both are available to answer any questions you have.
Scheduling a tour is a great way to see the facility, meet the staff and get all your questions answer.
Please call us at 717-755-1964 for more information.
Sister Damian, DM, Director of Admissions
Marion Bittner, NHA, Administrator